Safe Home Whitening Treatment
Take home strips is a home whitening treatment resulted in greater tooth color improvement relative to a chairside whitening procedure. Take home whitening strips are an improved type of bleaching strips, available exclusively through dental offices, which contain 14% hydrogen peroxide. These strips can be applied twice daily, for 30 minutes, for 14 days.These are usually worn to bed unless you have time during the day to wear them.
Advantages of Take Home Strips
- The teeth whitening products are cheaper.
- You don’t need any special equipment in the form of professional teeth whitening lights to perform the treatment.
- You are not paying your dentist to whiten your teeth for you.
- You don’t need to find time to make an appointment to see your dentist.
- You can whiten your teeth when you want to.
Disadvantages of Take Home Strips
- The main disadvantage is the time it takes to achieve a result. Most at-home teeth whitening products need to be applied for approximately 10-14 days to achieve a result.
- People sometimes forget to apply the home teeth whitening product daily as required or just can’t be bothered some days which interrupts the tooth whitening treatment so compliance can be a problem.
- There may be confusion about how much a home teeth whitening gel needs to be applied in the teeth whitening trays resulting in too much or too little tooth whitening gel being dispensed into the whitening trays.
For more information about take-home strips and advantages, home teeth whitening call your trusted Aurora dentist, Dr. Khan today.